I have been 23 for a week now.
Life has provided me with the opportunity to learn valuable lessons that I continue to use to grow and move forward in life.
For me, my birthday symbolizes a new year of triumphs, trials & failures. It was a major growth year as I made the decision to spend age 22 for ME. This “me year” included making decisions for myself, focusing on my own happiness, improving my self-love, and above all teaching myself that being single does not mean that you are alone.
At the ripe age of 23 I often heard the phrase “you’re so young” in reference to conversations that I would exchange with others about relationships, jobs, school, and other various important topics among society these days.
I may be considered “young” to some but, I do believe that I have been through my fair share of experiences to have learned a few valuable lessons.
So here they are…
Liv’s 23 Lessons Learned in 23 Years:
- You create your own happiness
- You have to love yourself before you can love somebody else
- Hustle hard, work harder
- Being a single puppy mom is a lot of work
- Life’s too short, so live it up
- Treat yo’self to an occasional ice cream
- Appreciate your body
- Love your body
- I am done having “student” as my occupation
- Being single doesn’t mean you are alone
- Let people into your life
- It’s okay to be vulnerable
- Laugh more often
- Put your phone down and live in the present moment
- Reading a book leads to great satisfaction
- Be adventurous
- Create great memories
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- When they go low, we go high
- Stay humble
- Walk without fear of the future
- Never settle
- Believe in true love
I encourage you to try and create your own list of life lessons that’s as long as your age! It’s fun, rewarding and brings a sense of self-gratification!
Featured photo by: Brooke Lark on Unsplash